Monday, January 5, 2009

My New Year's Survey!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Well... I've been on a Cruise before...but NEVER with 3, two year olds! (and a mil)
It was fun.... interesting....but fun! I'd do it again! I think next time though, I'll make shirts for everyone that say: "keep your comments to yourself!"

2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did! I made a resolution to NOT make resolutions and I made the same one for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my friends did. A few of my friends completed their adoptions this year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
NO

5. What countries did you visit?
Guatemala, Grand Cayman Island, Mexico, Canada, Belize, and Honduras

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More Money!!! :) I'd also like more patience... and having a 25 hour day now and then wouldnt hurt!

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2 Dates actually... both having to do with our Little Lady. The day in May when she officially joined our family...and Dec 26th, when she was bit by our dog.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I began Law School!!!!!!!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting all the stuff done that I had wanted to do...before starting law school.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had my tonsils out... that has GOT to count!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Minivan! Love that the doors open with just a click of a button!!!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
E and K's!!! Potty Trained!!!! Yea!!!!!!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Mine and my husbands..... we really need to work on keeping adult problems out of the kids' day.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Kroger, Target, McDonalds.....

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having our daughter join our family!!!!!! Making us a family of SIX!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
If I had a Million Dollars!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?Much Happier!
thinner or fatter? Bout the same.... pleasantly plump....or big boned....
richer or poorer? Much Poorer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Just sit back and take it all in.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complain

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With dh and our kids.

21. What on-line users did you meet?
A few new people while we were in Guatemala!!!

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Of course! With our daughter!

23. How many one-night stands?
Ha! Dont I WISH I even had the energy or time to consider THIS! ;)

24. What was your favourite TV program?
NCIS, 48 Hours, Intervention, No Reservations, Tonight Show, and Hell's Kitchen along with Kitchen Nightmares

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate may be too strong of a word...but there are a couple of people I would like to bioch slap!

26. What was the best book you read this year?
Toss up between The Art of Political Murder and Through Blindfolds Eyes. (both about Guatemala)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I still like 80's hair bands!!!

28. What did you want and get?
Dad's cancer in remission, Mom is still cancer free, 4 beautiful and healthy kids, a roof over our heads!

29. What did you want and not get?
A lottery WIN!

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Well.... I just remember all the bad ones.... anything that I've not had to watch over and over for the kids....

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 31.... went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner with my parents and my kids.... That's as exciting as it got.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not living paycheck to paycheck.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I dont have a fashion "concept" I have jeans, tee shirts, and sweats....

34. What kept you sane?
I have 4 kids under 4 and I'm in Law School full time.... I wasnt sane to begin with....

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jack Nicholson (my absolute dream date!!!), Bourdain, Ramsay, and Mark Harmon!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election! I'm a political junkie anyways... but to have such a historic election in MY lifetime.... just amazing.... although... I still cant stand the negativity.

37.Who did you miss?
My 2 BF's .... My uncle (gone since 97).... and my grandma (lives in Arkansas)

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My daughter of course!!!! ;) No, really, we have met a lot of wonderful people through this adoption journey.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
Stop losing the forest through the trees.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Ok... I have two songs for this year....

1st one was sung by Conway Twitty (favorite singer!) and Loretta Lynn
You're the reason I'm a-ridin' 'round on recapped tyres.
An' you're the reason I'm hangin' our clothes outside on wires.
An' you're the reason our kids are ugly little darlins'.
Ah but looks ain't everything,And money ain't everything.
But' I love you just the same.
You're the reason I changed to beer from soda pop
.An' you're the reason I never get to go to the beauty shop.
You're the reason our kids are ugly little darlins'.
Oh, but looks ain't everything,And money ain't everything.
But' I love you just the same.
I guess that we won't ever have, everything we need.
'Cause when we get ahead, it's got another mouth to feed.
And that's the reason my good looks and my figure's gone.
And that's the reason I ain't got no hair to comb.
An' you're the reason our kids are ugly little darlins'.
Ah but looks ain't everything,And money ain't everything.
But' I love you just the same.
2nd Song... Sung by Garth Brooks.... We shall be Free!
This ain't comin' from no prophet
Just an ordinary man
When I close my eyes I see The way this world shall be
When we all walk hand in hand
When the last child cries for a crust of bread
When the last man dies for just words that he said
When there's shelter over the poorest head
We shall be free
When the last thing we notice is the color of skin
And the first thing we look for is the beauty within
When the skies and the oceans are clean again
Then we shall be free We shall be free We shall be free
Stand straight, walk proud 'Cause we shall be free
When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
We shall be free
We shall be free
Have a little faith
Hold out 'Cause we shall be free
And when money talks for the very last time
And nobody walks a step behind
When there's only one race and that's mankind
Then we shall be free
We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight,
walk proud,
have a little faith,
hold out
We shall be free
We shall be free
We shall be free
Stand straight, have a little faith
We shall be free
Hope everyone has a wonderful 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love The Garth Brooks song too!!!

i loved this survey!!!

luv,leslie

Laurie said...

OK I was going to comment above and then read your grandma lives in ARKANSAS? WHERE? When are you coming to see me aaah I mean her? :)