Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Logic Games

I spent 3 1/2 hours tonight doing Logic Games. I am not a happy person tonight!

I really want to be a lawyer....I really want to go to law school (ok...I want to be a lawyer without going to law school!) but.... I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE LSAT!!!!

I have been taking the LSAT Extreme classes.... 3 times a week for 15 weeks. 3 1/2 hours at a time. I just dont think I am getting it. I want to. I want to think that I am improving...but my scores dont reflect that. I know this isnt a test that people get 100% on...but damm...would I love to get close to that!!!!!

I have two schools that I am going to apply to....but not sure if I should even bother with the one. If my practice scores dont go up sometime soon, I'm gonna keep my $80 for the application fee and buy me a couple cases of beer instead of filling out the application.

Oh..yea...and I need to get going on my personal statements!!! Y-U-C-K!!!!!!

I would rather have an interview...but they apparently dont do those anymore...now you have to write what you think they want to hear about you. I have no ideal what I am going to write about. I mean... I think I am pretty interesting...but come on! I'm not sure these people are going to enjoy the same story... Then....what really do I talk about??? My theory on life? My kids? The time I spend on the computer???
I'm stumped.
I have read a few books on how to write these things...they include samples that are sooo above me it is unreal. Like a 20 year old that finished their masters degree while serving in the peace corps in middle Africa. How they speak 14 languages and hope to learn 10 more, how much community service they do, blah, blah, blah.

Hi there... I'm a 30 year old woman with 3 toddlers who has a bad back who thinks she can do some good as a Civil Rights lawyer.

It doesnt quite fit for a whole page!

Knowing me, my paper will be too political or something and the person reading will be a high strung conservative. My completely left leaning views might be enough to ensure I dont get into ANY law school in the state!

Oh well.... it is something that I am just gonna have to suck up and do!

Maybe in my free time!

No comments: