Sunday, August 12, 2007

When it Rains....

Well....I have been noticeably absent from the online community for the past two weeks... It has majorly sucked!!!!!!!!!!

First.... my desktop was acting up. Running slow.....online connection slow..... not able to successfully save things..... then...... THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!

Ok.....so....WHAT NOW????? I didnt panic too bad...just turned the computer off and turned it back on..... whew.... it started up! Well....maybe it did..... uh....is it starting up???????
NOPE!!!!!! THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!

So...1800-Im freaking out please fix my dell!!!!!!

We try this....and that....and this....and that....and talk....and complain....and sit in silence....and try something new...and I'm gettin put on hold.....and nope, that didnt work.... and then.... while I see my favorite color on the screen.... I hear silence.... yep.... the phone got disconnected....
So....I sat there dumbfounded.... I have been on the phone with this guy for almost 3 hours.... and now he is gone.... Well...he took my phone number...he is gonna just have to call me back!
.....
.....
Right!!!! So...after waiting for a half-hour it is now 1am....I need to sleep!!!! I call them back.... of course I get a different guy..... he is a complete jerk.
Talks to me for 5 min...criticizies the things I did.... then tells me that everything is probably gone from my hard-drive and I will have to restart everything....tells me it will take about 3 hours.

What???? 5 min and this is your diagnosis???? Me no think so!

So...I very impolitely told him NO Way! and I hung up on him.

I was so devestated.... I had not religiously backed up my pics.... did I lose them all??? did I really lose the pics of my boys???? Did I really lose all of my emails??? How would I get in touch with everyone???

Next morning....we were off to the repair place.... *sniff sniff*

While THIS was going on.... while we were away for the weekend.... my laptop's mother board decides to go out..... so...... soon as we took the desktop in I was back on the phone to get my laptop fixed.....

Friday both my computers are back in business!!!!!
Wel.....kinda.....
The laptop works great...but I still cant get online with the desktop.... call my isp....its not them.... then the guy tells me that they probably messed it up while repairing it! What???? Are you kidding me????

So...I ran out and bought a new modem...and TA-DA!!!!!

BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!!

Although it has made me open my eyes about backing up....I gotta do it this week....seriously.

No comments: