Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Water Fun!





After all the rain and extremely hot weather we have had in the past week, we finally had a wonderful and comfortable day!


Combined with the fact that it was our grand kids's last day of school and you have the making of a great day at the water park!!!!


I personally think we went too early in the day. Mainly cuz I'm not a fan of the sun...and I like for the kids to have a nap in the afternoon. But, they held out till 5 pm! and they didnt go to bed till after 9pm! So... I'm glad it wore them out!


The boys were a little hesitant at first.... the water park has a zero-depth entry kids pool, a zero-depth entry wave pool, a huge sand pit (saving for the next time!), a lazy river, a kiddie slide, 2 adults slides, and a water-filled play area.

The boys really werent sure about any of the pools... and I was NOT playing in the sand today. It took about 15 min to get them used to the water...and then they were off!!!! They spent about an hour going down the kiddie water slide and the rest of them time was spent in the wave pool braving the waves! They got braver as time went on.... and of course, true to being toddlers, they threw a fit when it was time to leave! I'm sure (or at least very hopeful) that we will be back many times during the summer.... seeing them today being comfortable in the water, just made me glad. We have a small pool for our backyard which we will use.... but there is no substitute for the water park!


It was a very nice day and I'm glad we were able to get out.

I did get my surgery confirmed today... and I have to be there at 8:15 am Friday morning.

NOT looking forward to it! Nor am I looking forward to the pain! I am however, looking forward to NOT hearing any more horror stories about people and their tonsil removal!

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
I hate how people always have to share their horror stories of whatever you're having done. Just ignore them because they're complete idiots. It will be so worth it to get your tonsils out. We'll be sending happy, painless recovery thoughts your way. :0)
Kerri and Ruby

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Looks like the boys had a great time! What water park is that? I want to go : )

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You get to eat lots and lots of ice cream right???

Anonymous said...

How cute are they!!!! Water babies!