Thursday, June 17, 2010

Little things that matter...

Wore a new suit to work today.
I liked it... dh didnt.
I got three compliments on it.
I'm glad about that....
See, all this office stuff is completely new to me...
Before the injury, I'd roll out of bed... throw something on... get to work,
put coveralls on, work and get nasty as all heck...and then throw "acceptable" clothes back on.
Acceptable was/is usually a tee-shirt and a pair of jeans...
shoes/socks are always optional.
Nowadays though... getting dressed means... well being dressed up.
I work in an office that requires suits.
Suits that one can wear to court if need be.
Complete with shoes and socks.
It has and will take some time to get used to.
It will also take some time to get used to being treated differently....
I'm no longer accepted by "blue collar folks" and I'm not accepted by "white collar folks"
Guess I need to join the "Grey Collar Folks"

and...
In other news today...
We finally have a NEW radio in our van!!!!!
I have spent a week driving around with kids and husband with. no. radio.
uggggg.
Seriously.
It was not fun.
now... I H.A.T.E. the radio station that my husband listens to...
but, bring it on over having to hear all 4 kids whine on my way to work and on the way home from work and on the way here and there and everywhere!
Now... ahhhh..... I can turn up the radio again...
We have also moved up in the world since we can plug my ipod into it!
Now I can listen to Conway Twitty whenever the mood hits!!!!!
Of course.... it will now be a battle between Conway and Spongebob....
I'm betting on the hair!

1 comment:

Gardenia said...

that's the bummer about being a professional -- you gotta dress the part! ha. do they at lest have casual fridays??