Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sleeping problems...

Summer time has brought around sleeping problems...
I get that it is so not cool to have to go to bed when it is still light outside...but really...
my kids cant stay up till 11pm either... or can they????
We have had quite a problem getting the kids to sleep... more than usual...
it seems to rotate between kids right now too....
Tonight I had the Little Lady and F in bed with me... dh came home and then they went to bed...
Apparantly I dont have what it takes to put kids to bed...unless it is my own!
We have also had a problem with the kids waking up early...
I remember being a kid and just wanting to sleep... nothing has changed as an adult...but still... why dont they want to sleep in the morning????
so... we have kids late up at night... up early in the morning... all equals cranky kids.
They are getting a lot of exercise and such in the pool and at school and such... I mean it is tiring me out! *laughs*
Oh well... we need to find the magic bedtime again... gotta begin getting our boys in a routine for school this fall... they wont get naps or anything in K5... so they need to be able to wake up early, stay up all day, do homework at night, and then go to bed at a reasonable hour.
Hoping after our two summer birthdays, things will begin to get better and the kids will begin to sleep again...

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

Have you tried black out curtains? That's what I used when I worked nights and it helped a lot for sleeping when the sun was up.