Sunday, November 13, 2011

Deer Widow

I cant believe I have to write this.
This has never really happened to me.
Oh, of course I have been left alone.
I have watched the caravan north.
But, this time is different.
This time, it's for a week.
This time it is my husband.

I am a Deer Widow.
For those who dont know what this is...
My husband and dad (not together) have both left for deer camp as MI firearm deer season begins Tuesday.
I am not invited.
I am left at home to take care of the kids.
I am NOT happy about this predicament at all!

I love to hunt.
Before I got hurt, I took all my vacay to hunt and to motorcycle.
Now though, I was not invited to partake in hunting this year.
So, now I deal with the kids' questions as to where daddy is.
When is he coming home?
Why didnt he stay home?
Boo. Hoo.

Guess that is just me feeling sorry for myself.
Just hope someone brings home some venison.
Then I can complain about all the cooking I need to do.

No comments: