Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dinner


Some people LOVE to cook.
Some people HATE to cook.
Some should NEVER cook at all!

Today, before I left for my free-job, I put a beautiful roast in the crockpot.
I added fresh green beans, some celery, onion, garlic, and some golden potatoes.
Poured some water, put the lid on, turned it on, and left for free-job!

When I arrived home, I could smell it outside.
Smelled soo good.
Actually, it has been four hours since we ate and it still smells good in the house.
The meat fell apart.
The veggies were soaked with beefy goodness.
I was so excited to eat dinner.
It was fantastic!
Added a little sour cream with horseradish and it was wonderful!
I happily sat down and began to eat.

"Mom. Make me mac and cheese please!"
"Why?"
"I'm hungry"
"Have some more pot roast!"
"MOOOM, I HATE pot roast!!!"
Then they all began to join in about how horrible dinner was and they were STARVING!

My mood plummeted.
The kids ate a bag of chips and some fruit for dinner.

I really love to cook.
I eat my own cooking.
Others eat my cooking.
Even when I am hugely enjoying my food, when the kids dont eat, it depresses me.
I am hugely blessed that my kids eat everything!
But, why do they pick these times to tell me my food sucks.
They seem to pick up on the fact I'm feeling a little low...then expoit that all to hell!

Ah well....

AT least we ended the night watching Frosty and Frosty Returns!
Almost time for Non-Stop Christmas Movies and Music.
And my favorite part of the holidays is the cooking...

No comments: