Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bad Momma

Today was a bad day.

It started out with dh shutting off my alarm... so, I didnt get up till 10:30. That is when mass starts not when I should be getting out of bed. Granted, he said he did it because I have been sick the past few days but I did want to go to church today.

We went out to breakfast after I got up, got dressed and got the boys dressed.
The weather was warm, the snow was melting, and I was starving. We went to one of our usual haunts... had a good breakfast....and then all hell broke loose.

I was getting F's coat on... and getting ready to pay the bill... I asked dh where the boys were and he told me they were looking at the fish... then I heard someone yell that there was a kid in the street.......
BOTH OF MY FLIPPING TODDLERS WERE RUNNING IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC ON A 5 LANE HIGHWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL WHILE THEIR DAD WAS RUNNING HIS FLIPPING MOUTH AND I WAS GETTIN A COAT ON!

*puke*

So.... I put F down, and fly out the restaurant, and into the road.... THANK GOD the drivers had stopped and a man was trying to make sure the boys came back into the driveway.
I grabbed up the boys, got them to the sidewalk, and then unleashed my fury. Of course, they are 2...and they dont get it... cuz E asked if I was mad.... well after the butt chewing I gave them...it was probably obvious to everyone within 1/2 mile radius that I was po'd. Then I hugged them tight and put them in the car. Then I paid the bill. Got in the car and I wanted to puke....
When we got home I was still shaking.... and just felt out of my body... of course...the boys were total pistols after that...like they needed to punish me more...

I can have weeks of just good things...good feelings, happy times, and big hugs and wet kisses... and all it takes is a day like to today to kick my butt back into reality. Days like today make me wonder..... what would I have done???
All I know is I have to do better than what I did today.....

2 comments:

Candy said...

OK girl I had a HEART ATTACK just reading this...DID YOU SMACK DH..haha...I would have smaked mine...when I was visting Jagger in DEC...DH took Kya to work with him he got off the elevator assuming she was behind her...Ok she is TWO what the heck...he looks back as the doors close...NO KYA....Yes he pushed the button and she came right back up...but I still was FREAKING when he told me.

veggiemom said...

Hugs!!!
I think we all lose it when something that scary happens. I know I certainly would. I can't even imagine the fear (only because Ruby isn't walking yet so we haven't had any incidents like that but I'm sure they're awaiting me).
Don't beat yourself up - you did the best you could in an utterly terrifying moment.
Kerri and Ruby