Monday, December 28, 2009

Memory lane....


I've been kinda in a reminiscing mood lately...
I'm not sure why....
maybe it's the holidays...maybe it's because I actually have time to think bout other things... maybe it's due to facebook and the people on there that I knew in my previous "lives".
A couple of days ago someone on facebook was discussing if anyone had former teachers as their friends... I do...as well as some people I went to elementary school, middle, high school, and my first stint in college. I also have people on there who I worked with before my injury as well as people I am currently in law school with... as in the words of George Constanza "It's as if all my worlds are colliding!"
It truly is... I mean here I am.... today... my life has changed so much in just the past 5 years... not to mention the past 10, 15, 20 years! Some people I would like to have them know the me, now... others... I dunno....
I think about my teachers.... and yea...guess I didnt turn out to be the screwup they thought I would...but in a way, I'm not sure how my current life would be viewed.... see... I was not very popular in school... I had kinda a rebellious streak.... guess it has continued on in my life...and has intensified somewhat... *laughs*
My former classmates.... many of them are well ahead in their professional lives than I am.... most dont have families though... I'm not sure if that is a trade off or not... I'd had thought I would have been further along in my professional life also....but... things happen....

Well... kids are in bed... and time for the wii.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I know exactly what you MEAN about FB. I am hardly on there but when I am, there really arent' all that many people from the past that I care to reconnect with. Our lives are completely opposite. I feel like if I really cared about them all, I and/or me would have been in contact previous to the 20 years now, LOL