Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rolling along....

Friday was not my finest day...
I thought I was doing well... I took the boys to the park, fed them lunch, got them in bed for a nap... and then...

I fell down our freaking stairs!!!

I've been walking now for the better part of 29 years... you would think I would have the walking part kinda solid by now... but no... I really cannot explain what happened... I remember falling forward and then there I was, lying on our concrete basement floor in horrible pain.
It all happened sooo fast!!!
Took me awhile to catch my breath and accurately try to asses my injuries... Of course my back hurt... it's hurt now for 3 years... of course my ribs... that's where I landed... actually the best place I could have landed...but my ankle... my darn ankle... I sat there and watched it swell up... and it was electrifying if I tried to move it or put pressure on it!

Now... what to do????
Dh wasn't home... and he left his darn cell home... so no calling him.... so I had to call my step daughter.... she said she would be there in a while...I got myself up the stairs on my knees....and then onto the couch.... It was horrible....
SD showed up....got me some ice.. and tried to find DH....
Dh got home and off to the er we went.....
Actually... I will give kudos to UM er! Less than 2 hours in and OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea!!!!!!!
Bad news... sprained ankle and foot....
2 days later and it still will not tolerate pressure from me... still swollen...and now turning a purplish color! It is NOT easy to be the mom of 3 toddlers and NOT be able to walk!

So..... that was my Friday...
Saturday was MUCH better!
We took the kids to a playgroup in a neighboring town. The playscape is new...and very nice! The boys had a great time!!!!! I also had a great time since the boys could play with minimum supervision so, the adults had time to talk to each other. We have a good group of people that we meet up with and we always have a good time!
After the play date, we grabbed some lunch and headed home. Sd and ss (step daughter, step son) were coming over for dinner... sd went and supplemented our brat supply. We had brats, kraut, fried potatoes, and pound cake with fruit for dessert! IT was a long day!!! The boys didnt even get to bed till after 10pm!!!! That left very little adult time! I know I was sound asleep by 11:30!
Today has started out fruitful!!! Dh just finished putting up a ceiling fan in the boys room!!!!!! I'm so happy for them!!! Their room is the hottest in the summer...and of course the coldest in the winter. Hopefully the ceiling fan will equal some of that out! We have also watched the Bee Movie...and now Ratatouille.... I'm soo ready to see a live person on tv!!!!!!
Oh well....c'est ma vie!!!!

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Poor you! Hope your ankle is better soon.
Hugs,
Kerri and Ruby

Anonymous said...

Ouch, make sure it is really sprained. I fell 2 winters ago and urgent care said it was sprained. Someone called me back about 2 days later (it happened on a Saturday) and said that after checking the X-rays, it looked broken.

and it was. I had been kind of limping and walking on it a bit and it was broken!

Anyways, hope it is just sprained and that you feel better!

Susie said...

Oh my.....GOD SPEED, speedy healing to you! I remember those days of 3 toddlers, I can imagine the challenges. Susie

Heidi said...

Ouch! I hope your foot feels better soon. Your kids are beautiful and how exciting you are so close to bringing home your daughter!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better. Glad you had a good time at your playdates!