Friday, January 8, 2010

Tamale Friday!


Today has been a hugely busy day!!!

I have been making tamales for the better part of the day...
There is a group of us that put together a 3 Kings Day celebration in our area...and our luncheon is tomorrow. Since I am able to make tamales...and we are having a potluck... it seemed natural that I would make them.
I make three batches of them today.
One pork, two chicken.
The last batch is still steaming...but my sauce is all done... so when these are done, I am off to bed as I expect to have a long day tomorrow!

One small interruption today was a quickly planned playdate with BFF D!!!
His mom called me up...and an hour later we were on our way to have some fun!
We went to an indoor playplace... spent 3 hours there... then went and had some pretty good Chinese food...then headed home!
D is staying the night at our house tonight... in the morning, while his mom and I are preparing for the party, he will be going with my boys and their dad to Lowes (hardware) to make piggy banks! Then they are going to go to the 3 Kings Day celebration.

Three Kings Day (Epiphany) was actually on the 6th...but we thought a Saturday party would go over better. It is officially the end of the Christmas season and is to celebrate the day when the wisemen showed up to see the baby Jesus.

Here is a pic of the 3 guys having a good time at dinner tonight!!!

No comments: