Friday, January 1, 2010

Then and Now....


As we rang in the new year last night... we were talking about what we had been doing during the change of the last decade...and how we partied like it was 1999!
Things have changed a little since then....
Though it would be funny to look back and compare...

Then and Now!

Where I was when the decade changed over???
Bar on the North Side of Chicago! Home

What I was drinking??
Beer, Beer, and More Beer! Pepsi and a small glass of Cold Duck!

Marital Status?
Single Married

Kids?
No Way!!! 4 and wanting more!

Hobbies?
Hunting, Fishing, Drinking Toddler Wrangling, Scrapbooking

Job?
Millwright Apprentice! Law School Student

Most Watched TV show?
Dallas re-runs! SpongeBob...

Most listened to music?
Country and Classical Veggie Tales and Chipmunks

Yep...things have changed!
Besides marriage, kids, etc, one of the largest changes has been my injury and resulting disability.
The 5th anniversary of my disability will be coming up in the next couple of weeks... I'm sure it will lead to many posts.... January is a difficult month for me.... I mourn what I was, what I lost, and I'm afraid of what is to come.

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve...and may 2010 bring joy, prosperity, and equality to all!


2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am very impressed you can remember what you were doing 10 years ago. How amazing how all our lives have changed in a decade!

Lund7 said...

Wow! Interesting how much our lives change in 10 years!! I hope this January is not so hard on you. I look forward to following your journey in 2010! Happy New Year!