Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winding Down


Today was a very busy day.
Woke up to go to a sale at a used clothes sale...
Got some nice clothes for a good price...
Had to run home and get the kids ready for a birthday party.
Went to the birthday party...but got lost along the way....
Kids had a lot of fun of course since we went to Rat in the Hat (Chuck.e.Cheese)

Afterwards, we came home....watched meet the Robinsons... had some cereal....then the kids went off to bed.
I got my wii fit out for the first time...
Had fun doing the step aerobics... but cant balance on the darn thing... my hip is out of place due to my disability and I stand very off to the left side... so the balance games do NOT work for me. but it is still fun.

Now.. I'm playing Madden 09... love playing football on the wii!

I also did something today that I hadnt done in 13 years...
I played my French Horn.
Yep.
I did it.
I also broke my thumb string...so... I also had to quickly remember how to loop that around also... thankfully I'm a Millwright also... so no problem there...
The kids were pretty excited to see the horn...
the boys all played it... I have K on video playing it... he can actually hold a note... I'm excited!
More reason to get them kids on a violin and in a suzuki program!
Well...football is calling!

3 comments:

Lund7 said...

Sounds like a busy weekend for you...aren't they all! You are such a talented woman!

Have you ever tried hulu hoop on Wii fit? That is one of my favorites...it's actually a really good work out for me since I am so out of shape! Problem is, I hate exercise so even in a fun game, I hardly ever do it!

Gardenia said...

wow, you play the french horn? were you able to remember anything after 13 years? when I sit a t the piano, I barely rememebr anything from my childhood lessons. take care of that thumb.

One Busy Momma said...

I cant do the hulu hoop... I dont have motion like that due to my hip being out of place... it looks like fun though... I could hardly even do the skiing...felt like I was gonna fall over... since I cant really shift to my right I had to fudge it a little...

As for playing horn... Yea I remember it...just slowly... I played it long enough... I should have remembered something... *laughs*
oh...and nothing is wrong with my thumb... the rotary valves on french horns are moved by strings... the string on the thumb valve broke... happens all the time....